Texas picks the 2021 Ram for third consecutive year
- FCA brands take highest honors at Texas Truck Rodeo
- 2021 Ram 1500 wins top award as Truck of Texas for the third consecutive year, plus Full-Size Pickup Truck of Texas, Luxury Pickup Truck of Texas and Off-Road Pickup Truck of Texas
- 2021 Dodge Durango SRT Hellcat wins top award as SUV of Texas, as well as Full-Size SUV of Texas honors; Dodge Durango has won Full-size SUV of Texas six times in the past eight years
- 2021 Jeep® Wrangler wins Off-Road SUV of Texas for 11th consecutive year
- 2021 Jeep Gladiator wins Mid-Size Pickup Truck of Texas for second consecutive year
- 2020 Ram 2500 wins Heavy Duty Pickup Truck of Texas and Best Towing Technology with the Ram Heavy Duty 360-degree Surround View Camera
- Best Infotainment award presented to Uconnect featured in the 2021 Ram 1500 TRX and 2021 Dodge Durango SRT Hellcat
- Best Powertrain awarded to the supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI® V-8 featured in the 2021 Ram 1500 TRX and 2021 Dodge Durango SRT Hellcat
- FCA brands take home the most awards of any manufacturer at the annual competition
November 5, 2020 , Auburn Hills, Mich. – The 2021 Ram 1500 earned top honors for the third consecutive year as the Truck of Texas at the annual Texas Truck Rodeo, hosted by the Texas Automotive Writers Association (TAWA). The Ram 1500 also won Full-size Pickup Truck, Luxury Pickup Truck of Texas and Off-road Pickup Truck. The 2021 Dodge Durango SRT Hellcat won the top SUV award, crowned the SUV of Texas, as well as Full-size SUV of Texas – this is the sixth time the Durango has won the Full-size SUV category in the past eight years. For the 11th consecutive year, Jeep® Wrangler won Off-Road SUV of Texas, and Jeep Gladiator won Mid-size Pickup Truck of Texas for a second consecutive year. Collectively, FCA brands secured the most awards of any manufacturer at the event.
This year’s Rodeo had extensive COVID-19 safety protocols in place, including limited number of media, mask-wearing requirements, social distancing, outdoor meetings and meals, and vehicles disinfected between test drives. TAWA also invested significant time and effort in a new off-road course where the lineup of FCA vehicles particularly excelled.
Twenty-seven Texas auto writers attended the event. Members cast their votes after conducting both on- and off-road vehicle evaluations. Consideration is given to everything from exterior/interior styling and off-road capability to the entrant’s overall utility, value and performance.
Photo Credit: All photos herein are the property of FCA-US and were published by MyclassicNEWS with their permission and consent. All content herein, other than property published by permission, is the property of myclassicnews.com and any reproduction, other than normal social media sharing, is strictly prohibited. Copyright ©, myclassicnews.com. For reprint permission contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org