GM facts of the 1920’s
Throughout the twenties there were a number of changes in windshield production. In 1924 some local police departments were the beneficiaries of one windshield development. Lincoln touring sedans called Police Flyers came specially equipped with bullet-proof (glass and polycarbonate) windshields nearly an inch thick. In 1926 Rickenbacker offered safety glass as a standard feature all the way around its car. As Ford continued utilizing safety glass, a 1928 full-page ad for the Triplex Safety Glass Company touted, “The new Ford is equipped with a windshield of Triplex — the glass that will not shatter.” Also in the 20’s Cadillac introduced Non-Shatterable Security Plate Glass.
Duco was a trade name assigned to a product line of automotive lacquer developed by the DuPont Company in the 1920s. Under the Duco brand, DuPont introduced the first quick drying multi-color line of nitrocellulose lacquers made especially for the automotive industry.
In 1924 The Milford Proving Grounds was the first on the industry.
General Motors and Durant owned Frigidaire, who developed the home A/C’s
Photo Credit: All photos herein are the property of General Motors and were published by MyclassicNEWS with their permission and consent. All content herein, other than property published by permission, is the property of myclassicnews.com and any reproduction, other than normal social media sharing, is strictly prohibited. Copyright ©, myclassicnews.com. For reprint permission contact us at email@example.com